Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, its my first time here. I got my oil changed at 24,000 miles. I'm at 27,000 now, and my light to change it came on, as was recommended. I have a few months left to go on my lease (oops) and I'm over miles (inevitable) so they won't cover the cost of the service. Can I just get my oil changed anywhere reputable -- or does it have to be Toyota? Also-- does it have to be every 3,000 miles? I could have sworn there was more time in between changes, but I'm not a huge car person...so what do I know. Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey all, its my first time here. I got my oil changed at 24,000 miles. I'm at 27,000 now, and my light to change it came on, as was recommended. I have a few months left to go on my lease (oops) and I'm over miles (inevitable) so they won't cover the cost of the service. Can I just get my oil changed anywhere reputable -- or does it have to be Toyota? Also-- does it have to be every 3,000 miles? I could have sworn there was more time in between changes, but I'm not a huge car person...so what do I know. Thanks!
It's sad that you didn't get a reply on time when you posted this, but just as a FYI, oil changes for this vehicle (and most modern vehicles is no less than 5000 miles on regular oil and up to 8000 on synthetic oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts