Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
That really irks me. This dealership is probably like, "oh that's such a low price. We could probably jack up the price and make more money in profit."

I wonder how widespread this practice is going to be.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for posting, Catfish. That page also mentions the following:

Pricing Summary Documents

Pricing details are available on Dealer Daily in the Scion Price Guides posted in the “Secure Area” for Dealer Principals. Please contact your Regional Office or Scion Manager with inquiries.

Can anyone share a PDF copy of this?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Shitty move but they know there will always be those folks that are in a rush to buy, getting at least a few of them to buy in at that price.

At least being on this forum and knowing how much they actually go for, we know better.

·
Registered
31 Posts
But when you scroll down it shows the real pricing. Then it says "Excludes Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee."

·
Registered
422 Posts
A pretty tragic misprint. Sadly, the fact they were bold enough to try this out likely means there are those that will be willing to apy even though its a few thousand more than MSRP.

·
Registered
370 Posts
This "may" be a misprint as $19255 is the MSRP of the iM on http://www.scion.com/cars/iM2016/. Certainly hope so as I really want an iA but will not pay an inflated price.
Or they just figured to not reinvent the wheel and go with pricing that Scion HQ did research for and decided to be ideal although it's for a different vehicle, all in effort to raise price and still be effective.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A pretty tragic misprint. Sadly, the fact they were bold enough to try this out likely means there are those that will be willing to apy even though its a few thousand more than MSRP.
Tragic, this is how you define tragic? Why are you so quick to jump straight to malice. The price they listed was for the sister model that debuted at the same time and will be on sale at the same time. Is it not possible that comeone CTRL-C'd from the wrong PDF file?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Tragic, this is how you define tragic? Why are you so quick to jump straight to malice. The price they listed was for the sister model that debuted at the same time and will be on sale at the same time. Is it not possible that comeone CTRL-C'd from the wrong PDF file?
I'm just saying that putting the wrong price is a pretty bad mistake. I am not saying there was malice, which implies intent, but it was a bad mistake. One that needed to be fixed quick before it did much damage.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I don't see it as that bad of a mistake, something that might be discovered through the purchase process before finalizing everything or worse running around after to get a refund.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'd be pretty upset if I was charged a significant amount more money for a vehicle by accident. I'm sure they would fix it through a refund, but it wouldn't make me think better of the brand. I'm expecting MSRP or lower. I don't see this as a vehicle that would merit dealers ramping up the price to over MSRP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts