Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing how the Mazda CX3 shares basically our same interior, I have been looking at what parts we could bring over to the Scion.

Not sure what the new cost would be, but I'm sure some of these will end up in Junk yards in the next couple of months if nothing else. So far, I am seeing a Leather Wrapped steering wheel and a CD player (yes, Im old and still like CDs).

Also might be some interesting trim pieces...

See anything you would want?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure but they do look similar.... It'd be nice to grab some leather/ette seats though... Especially with seat heaters (which we are fused for).

·
Registered
370 Posts
I like the use of colors but that's one thing I'm confident we won't get since its one of those things unique to Mazda, but if Scion did that to the iA it would help the overall appearance of the interior.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like the red accent pieces on the doors... would be nice to plug and play those... before we dream too much, does anyone know if it's actually possible to do?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I want that steering wheel...lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure about the doors, but the dash looks pretty much exact. And since the CX3 is built on the Mazda2 chassis as well...

But no, it's all assumptions at this point.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Doubt we can easily find a Mazda CX-3 just sitting around and waiting for us to pilfer it for parts. Unless someone lives somewhat close to a car junkyard that just happens to have one lying about.
But I would really like to have those leather heated seats...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^oh im just talking what could we use from a CX3 in general.

Some of these (steering wheel, etc) might be good to order new anyway rather than from a junkyard, anyway.

·
Registered
172 Posts
We might be fused for LHS, but wheres the seat heat button??? Lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
^oh im just talking what could we use from a CX3 in general.

Some of these (steering wheel, etc) might be good to order new anyway rather than from a junkyard, anyway.
Very true!

Changing over steering wheels should be easy especially when it comes to branding it as a Scion as the Scion cover should be a direct swap, taking only minutes to do

·
Registered
172 Posts
Very true!

Changing over steering wheels should be easy especially when it comes to branding it as a Scion as the Scion cover should be a direct swap, taking only minutes to do

The wheels should be simple, I hate how cheap the steering wheel feels in my car haha

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any Toyota/Scion dealer should be able to add heat to your seat. I believe the buttons would be the two non functional ones next to Traction Control and TPMS. my dealer wanted $500 ish for adding heat to my seats. I too would love the leather steering wheel but can we order it thru our dealer and have it installed so as not to have warranty issue later. the dealer I bought mine from also owns a Mazda dealer so I will look into it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm thinking I want to grab a leather shifter boot. That's really the only thing on the interior that struck me as feeling cheap.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I didn't feel like making a separate thread but the Mexican Yaris R comes with a leather steering wheel. Anyone speak Spanish well enough to call a dealer to get a part # and price?

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^ that's for a Yaris and is different than our steering wheels. While it might fit, I would think it would be safer to go with something from the CX3.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts