Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
This red is a bit deeper and richer than what I was expected. I like it. I think that it looks a bit more mature than a brighter shade of red.

Is it the same red that you find on Mazdas? Are all the colors Mazda colors?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can confirm, the Pulse color is a dark red and looks way better in person than the airbrushed picture on Scion's site. The only red Mazda offers in the US is Soul Red Metallic, which is a slightly brighter shade and obviously shinier. Since that color is a $300 option and a signature color of Mazda (used in all their media and advertising), it's not a surprise that we got a different red.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is that a good thing or bad thing to you? Some like vibrant reds while others like them darker and not as in your face.
For me it was not what I was looking for. But thats just me. In all honesty, it felt a little too grown up for the car (ie. loses some quirkiness) and I felt it was a bit weird with the blue/black interior. but that interior would probably clash with any shade of red.

I went with Sterling (Silver), but it was mainly because there was no Sapphire manual transmission models anywhere around. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great choice of color, been liking how these look in dark colors and in that red/burgundy it looks great. Are you planning to black out any of that chrome? From what I noticed the chrome stands out a bit weird since it's almost the only place with chrome. Rather have it in the same tone black as on the side window trim.

·
Registered
330 Posts
That's what it comes down to and it's what most people will be with the iA, happy. Anyone who doesn't I think doesn't understand how good of a product this is compared to what we have been getting from other car makers.
Can't beat ~9k Nissan Versa though :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.