Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like with the debuts of the iA and iM Scion will be exploring online ordering...

Knowing all of this about the new little Scion iA, it’s easy to overestimate the entry point for this car. Scion has a one-size fits all pricing strategy that includes no trim levels and only a very few dealer add-ons. The company made its name with its no-haggle, simple price structure and is expanding that with online ordering capability through select dealerships. This will, in many cases, include hand delivery of the car to the customer, making it possible to buy a new Scion without once seeing the dealership.
http://www.torquenews.com/1080/2016-scion-ia-game-changing-new-subcompact#.VZU9bJ-_Iq8.twitter

·
Registered
422 Posts
This will become to normalized in the future and the young kids will think its so strange that we went into the store in order to have to make the purchas.e

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will become to normalized in the future and the young kids will think its so strange that we went into the store in order to have to make the purchas.e
I don't think so. They said the same thing about online shopping, yet people stil would rather buy shoes in store. Why? Because you're not shopping for paper clips, you need to make sure the fit is right, the feeling is right.

What do you think their return policy is?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I agree, that whole experience of seeing it in person before buying is key and not something I think they can ever get away from unless they find a way to still apply that experience in a different way.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, that whole experience of seeing it in person before buying is key and not something I think they can ever get away from unless they find a way to still apply that experience in a different way.
They could always send a car out to your house at your convenience, problem with that is how many people come to shop at the dealer, thats a ton of expense to show people cars. Perhaps if they toally abolish the brick and mortar stores, but they cant and they wont because they still need service bays...

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't think so. They said the same thing about online shopping, yet people stil would rather buy shoes in store. Why? Because you're not shopping for paper clips, you need to make sure the fit is right, the feeling is right.

What do you think their return policy is?
I understand your point, but I still stand by my original opinion. Online shopping continues to grow. They might send cars to people to do test drives, but everything other than the test drive can be done online.

And with shoes, people order them, try them on, and then send them back if they don't fit.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sending people out to meet potential customers is one thing I favor.

Say if you're busy and right after you finish work, an hour of free time can be slotted into your schedule, you can book an rep to meet you for that hour, instead of having to trek out 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, etc just to see the darn thing.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sending people out to meet potential customers is one thing I favor.

Say if you're busy and right after you finish work, an hour of free time can be slotted into your schedule, you can book an rep to meet you for that hour, instead of having to trek out 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, etc just to see the darn thing.
They will have to find a way to make sure that people are serious, but other than that I think that it would be a great thing to implement in conjunction with online ordering.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand your point, but I still stand by my original opinion. Online shopping continues to grow. They might send cars to people to do test drives, but everything other than the test drive can be done online.

And with shoes, people order them, try them on, and then send them back if they don't fit.
what you're pitching is a far more expensive business model then brick and mortar dealers. You're also underestimating the power of being in a room with a salesman. Ever go to buy something online and backout right before checkout? salesmen are there to make sure ou don't back out ;)

if it doesn't work for pants why should it work for cars?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts