Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ! I just wanted to see if any of you had some info related to my question. Is there any place where we can buy some proper winter floor mats for our new babies ? And how about some car starters ? I went over to my local CarTunes store and they told me that car starters are vehicle specific so nothing out yet for our beautiful iAs ....
Any suggestions ? Seeing as how winter is creeping up on us ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and another thing ! I was thinking of putting some vinyl on the car. This popped into mind. What do you guys think ?!?!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Starter???? The mazda 2 1.5 skyactiv would work, same motor/trans

I like that wrap idea

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Tegwin car starter you know ... like pushing a button from inside your home and the car starts so you can let it warm up 5-10 minutes before you get in in the winter :)

And also do you think the floor plan is close enough to where i can buy floor mats from weathertech.com for the mazda 2 and they would fit ?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ahhh, as for the floormats, the 2015 mazda 2 mats might work, maybe the new mazda 3

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Adrian, I ordered a remote starter at the Toy Dealer when I bought the car and they are waiting for software before they can install it. I would encourage you all to buy from the dealer so that it is then under their warrenty if something goes wrong. This is one thing I did not want to be cheap on. The dealer can also add heated seats. Happy Motoring!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info Billy. I will swing by my Toyota dealer to see what the pricing is. How much did it cost you ? And did they give you an ETA on when they would have the software ??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the info Billy. I will swing by my Toyota dealer to see what the pricing is. How much did it cost you ? And did they give you an ETA on when they would have the software ??
Well I looked at my paperwork and it says $295 but the salesman gave me the wrong price for the car and they said they cannot discount the car so they discounted the remote start. My best guess is $495 wich is alot but it should then be covered in your warrenty, I bought the 7Yr/100k extended warrenty so it was worth the extra or so I think.....time will tell. Also they have not gotten back to me or given me an ETA on the install. Happy Motoring!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well I looked at my paperwork and it says $295 but the salesman gave me the wrong price for the car and they said they cannot discount the car so they discounted the remote start. My best guess is $495 wich is alot but it should then be covered in your warrenty, I bought the 7Yr/100k extended warrenty so it was worth the extra or so I think.....time will tell. Also they have not gotten back to me or given me an ETA on the install. Happy Motoring!!!
Did you by any chance negotiate on the warranty price? And if so, how much did you end up getting it for?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did not negotiate on the extended warrenty, I knew I could but I just had a senior moment that day. i believe it was $1995 and time will tell if it pays off. I am so happy with the car that I can see having it beyond 7yrs (Lord willing).

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you're going to keep your iA for around 7 years then you'll most likely make back the cost of the warranty in repairs. Fixing or replacing the infotainment system will be costly and things will need to be repaired around the 7 year mark if not sooner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts