Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a two month old 2017 Yaris iA which has developed an extremely annoying rattle or clicking from the panel surrounding the auto trans shift lever.

The rattle seems to originate from the area where the piano black portion abuts the rubberized pocket which contains the auxiliary audio in, USB ports, etc.

I can stop or attenuate the rattle by pressing down with my hand along the line of this abutment as I drive down the road.

How should I deal with this? Should I complain to the dealer service department? Might I be able to fix this rattle myself? Do you think squirting some WD40 into the joint between the panels would do the job?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have had an iA for almost 2 years and when I have had a rattle it usually is from something in the door bins or the glove box. Move things around in there before you go to the dealer. You will most likely find something there rattling. Also rattles from the radio. ZOOM ZOOM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I returned my iA to the dealer to get the rattle attended to. They gave me a loaner car while they kept mine for a day, verifying the rattle and disassembling the shift bezel and console sufficient to rework with sound deadening techniques.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts