Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Funny how with a manual transmission it gets slightly worse mileage, much unlike how it was years ago where manuals gained you some extra MPG's.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i'll wait for real world numbers

when that time comes around, hopefully we're getting just what's being reported here.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mileage is pretty good. I think the ia will have exactly the same rating. Won't be too much different between the two cars. How does that compare to other cars in this segment?

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's one of the best gas efficient vehicles.

Mazda's Skyactiv tech has been serving them well with this engine and others they've used.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny how with a manual transmission it gets slightly worse mileage, much unlike how it was years ago where manuals gained you some extra MPG's.
its the speed of shifts now and the ECU's are so much more precise.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That should net them a lot more buyers. I think that fuel efficiency is pretty high up on peoples' list of priorities these days. Is it best in its segment, or coming anywhere close to that?

·
Registered
370 Posts
That should net them a lot more buyers. I think that fuel efficiency is pretty high up on peoples' list of priorities these days. Is it best in its segment, or coming anywhere close to that?
Even higher of a priority when you're already considering someone buying one of these is buying one of the cheapest cars you can get in one of the smallest segments.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I mean cheap for high fuel economy is a jackpot in some ways. That's what I am excited about with this vehicle. As long as it comes with enough options that I'll be comfortable, I am liking the iA from what I know so far.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I mean cheap for high fuel economy is a jackpot in some ways. That's what I am excited about with this vehicle. As long as it comes with enough options that I'll be comfortable, I am liking the iA from what I know so far.
What exactly does 'enough' options translate into for you? What exact options?

·
Registered
370 Posts
You'll get enough options, just none to choose from, just the few and truly optional things typically offered with Scions but you also pay more in the process

·
Registered
401 Posts
You'll get enough options, just none to choose from, just the few and truly optional things typically offered with Scions but you also pay more in the process
Correct, that's their mono-spec strategy:

"Mono-spec" means that there is just one standard trim level available. No "Grades". No "Packages". Every Scion arrives complete with a generous mono-spec. You only need to choose colour and transmission, along with any style, comfort or performance accessories you wish to add.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Its kinda nice to have mono spec because at least then the price the car is advertised at is actually the price the car ends up being in the end.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Its kinda nice to have mono spec because at least then the price the car is advertised at is actually the price the car ends up being in the end.
But that is also the case for vehicles that have various trims to choose from as they make it very clear what the price you're seeing is relating to.

·
Registered
422 Posts
But that is also the case for vehicles that have various trims to choose from as they make it very clear what the price you're seeing is relating to.
I see what you are saying, but the trim levels bother me a bit as you are forced to buy some options and features that you may not want. Its like channel bundling with cable. It'd just be nice to be able to buy the car you want with the features you want, and only the features you want.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I see what you are saying, but the trim levels bother me a bit as you are forced to buy some options and features that you may not want. Its like channel bundling with cable. It'd just be nice to be able to buy the car you want with the features you want, and only the features you want.
Consider the fact they're in this to make money, have done research into what people want, and its a volume product. Take what you get or go elsewhere.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts