Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks, my name is Mat, owner and tuner for OrangeVirus Tuning. www.ovtuned.com

We've been scouting out the Scion iA since we have heard of it's existence, and we have a question for you folks. We've done many calibrations and tunes for the mazda skyactiv engine, which is located in your cars, and we think we could bring calibrations to the scion market. We would like to find someone who currently owns a Scion iA / iM with the Mazda 1.5L engine, for some R&D with us.

please message here, or email me at [email protected]

We would really like to work with the scion community to bring performance calibrations and tuning for the iA and iM.

thank you.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Mat,

Thanks for looking into tuning our engines! Given that the JDM Miata seems to have the same 1.5L, but puts out about 23 more hp, I have assumed there is some room for this skyactiv to breath!

Looks like you guys are out in Colorado - hopefully someone out there can help you guys out, as id love to see some tuning options!

Just a note though- while the iA is a Skyactiv Mazda design, the iM uses a Toyota engine, same as the Corolla. So generally I would assume nothing is the same between the iA and iM.

Good luck and I am looking forward to your products!

-Richard

·
Registered
172 Posts
Im down for a tune, i wish i was closer to you so i could help lol

·
Registered
370 Posts
Once there are a couple people with the tune done with some feedback I can see some growing interest in people wanting to get this done as nothing speaks more than experience and seeing results.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once there are a couple people with the tune done with some feedback I can see some growing interest in people wanting to get this done as nothing speaks more than experience and seeing results.
Understandable, and we have plenty of dyno sheets of our work we can pass around.

In order to bring a tune to the Scion Family, we need a little help from the community.

We haven't seen these cars in person yet, so we don't know if the ECU is one we can rewrite. We need someone who has some spare time to locate the ECU, and read / take a picture of the ECU ID / Code or whatever info is labeled, and let us know what it is.

Whomever does so, will get a free tune from us, hardware and software included for free. (if the car is tunable)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Understandable, and we have plenty of dyno sheets of our work we can pass around.

In order to bring a tune to the Scion Family, we need a little help from the community.

We haven't seen these cars in person yet, so we don't know if the ECU is one we can rewrite. We need someone who has some spare time to locate the ECU, and read / take a picture of the ECU ID / Code or whatever info is labeled, and let us know what it is.

Whomever does so, will get a free tune from us, hardware and software included for free. (if the car is tunable)
I can go find the ecu right now, I'm off today lol I was looking at your website yesterday and I was impressed with your results

·
Registered
206 Posts

Looks like Tegwin found it! ^

Let me know if you need information from a manual transmission model as well, I'll be glad to help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The manual should be different, by logic lol or it would be a seperate computer just for the trans, or its just a safety switch pin lol idk these cars that well

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thank you, sorry for the delay getting back to you, I'll email you details monday 10/19. We've just been a bit swamped with the 2016 Miatas. No worries though, we will email you the details.
No rush, i know the new mazdas make the money lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
OVTune I assume once you guys figure out the tuning possibilities for the iA you'll indulge us with some more info and pricing ? :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
OVTune I assume once you guys figure out the tuning possibilities for the iA you'll indulge us with some more info and pricing ? :)
Ovtuned.com is their website I believe, pricing ranges across the board, I'm having issues finding 1.5 parts, I want full exhaust and what not lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm also waiting for upgrade parts etc. and this tune! After seeing what these guys did (OV Tuning) with Goodwin Racing on the new Miata, I'm eagerly awaiting their tune!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I cant wait for my kit to come in, can't wait o see what this car can do factory hah

Reactions: Moe

·
Registered
370 Posts
I cant wait for my kit to come in, can't wait o see what this car can do factory hah
Although I won't expect it from the average person that gets this tune, seeing a baseline dyno run and then a run after the tune would be great. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm getting a dyno next week lol

Reactions: Moe
1 - 20 of 113 Posts