Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The “i” in the models’ names can stand for intriguing, individual, and easy on customers’ income. The “A” for the sedan denotes the accommodating trunk and the aggressive styling.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Interesting promotional video, I would have preferred to see more of the iA rather than random things with 'ia'

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting promotional video, I would have preferred to see more of the iA rather than random things with 'ia'
it makes sense when trying to stand out
if it's just some typical video just showing the vehicle, it might not capture the viewers attention all the way through the video, all depends who they're targeting.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you put it into those terms...it does make sense.
im noticing it more across the industry
more and more car makers are going broader in marketing strategies

doing so helps to reach people that wouldn't respond to traditional marketing material.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah well, its seems more of a branding type of video.. building up the hype. That why its the 'first look'. I would have liked to see more of the car in this video as well though lol

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah well, its seems more of a branding type of video.. building up the hype. That why its the 'first look'. I would have liked to see more of the car in this video as well though lol
Basically that's what it comes down to, they're just trying to build specific associations which their target market is attracted to.

Although its not for me, I like that they're doing something, some brands don't do anything inbetween the process, they just show you the final product.

·
Registered
370 Posts
IMO, the younger crowd.

That's what Scion's target audience seems to have been for a while and continues to be, their product portfolio suits younger buyers.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Specifically, Gen Y is Scions Target

By 2010, when the youngest Gen Yers will have their driver's licenses, they're expected to account for an estimated 20 percent to 25 percent of U.S. vehicle purchases.

Toyota and Honda are looking to capture as much of the crowd as early as possible and create lifelong customers.

"They'll affect every car company, and I think the biggest challenge is this: Name a brand that's been able to attract parents and kids at the same time," said Scion vice president Jim Farley. "It's pretty tough. That's one of the reasons why Scion is different from Toyota."
http://lubbockonline.com/stories/080603/bus_080603007.shtml#.VVI4uflViko

1 - 10 of 10 Posts