Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Tires are everything, your one spot of contact with the terrain you're travelling over, thats why we're pleased to hear Scion will be offering the iA with Toyo Proxes A27 tires.

The Proxes are said to find a balance between sporty and comfort, with the balance tipped towards comfort. Realistically they are low rolling resistance tires that Toyo claims offers good traction and handling in both wet and dry conditions. What else are they going to say?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm wondering if these are different from what the Mazda2 was being sold with.
Of all things to be different from the Scion iA, I doubt that would be it since its just a basic thing, not like we need anything special for the type of driving the majority us will be doing.

If it was two brands sharing a sports car platform and components... then I could see that being the case.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It just seems like this was a story or something, but really its just confirming that it will be the same as what was on the Mazda2. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I want to say those were tires on the preproduction model but it seems like what they showed was indeed production just maybe not up to Scion/Toyota spec and rather what Mazda originally intended for with the Mazda 2.

Maybe after an audit Scion/Toyota decided to go with Bridgestone's

·
Registered
330 Posts
I want to say those were tires on the preproduction model but it seems like what they showed was indeed production just maybe not up to Scion/Toyota spec and rather what Mazda originally intended for with the Mazda 2.

Maybe after an audit Scion/Toyota decided to go with Bridgestone's
Anyone know what's the biggest tire we can put on our iA without rubbing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts