Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I spoke to two Scion dealerships today, and both of them told me that the car would arrive in late September. Did anyone here anything else?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I heard that the Scion iM was being pushed to around mid September so that may be related to why the iA's release date is delayed until the end of the month. As to the reason why, that I'm not sure about.

Maybe someone else can shed a bit more light on it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The specifics to the delay is something we might not be able to find out, and seeing how we're not all that far off from mid-Sept they might just stay quiet till then for all we know.

Dealers might have some direction on why.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I mean that's really not that big of a delay. Still a bit annoying, but not something that I would be super upset about. If it continues to get delayed, then it's a different story.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean that's really not that big of a delay. Still a bit annoying, but not something that I would be super upset about. If it continues to get delayed, then it's a different story.
No, but it starts small and gets larger. On top of that, many people want to wait for them to get on the road to see if there are any teething issues, etc.

I was planning on being one of the first to get the car, despite not putting a deposit down or anything of that nature. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I can wait another month. Although not long in the grand scheme of things, it's a long time to go without a car.

On another note, does anyone know if there will be any discounts? I know Scion has the whole "no-haggle" BS, but this car costs the same as a Honda Fit EX after taxes and fees. Not sure which I'd rather have TBH.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Shouldn't be too long not since the Scion iM deliveries are arriving by the truckload. The iA should follow suit soon.

Here is one batch of Scion iMs being unloaded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts