Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here, I've put together a list of competing vehicles. While it isn't a comprehensive list, it is a great starting point, add any other vehicles you feel needs to be included in this discussion:

Scion iA Sedan Competition:
  • Toyota Yaris
  • Mazda 2
  • Ford Fiesta
  • Nissan Versa Sedan
  • Nissan Versa Note
  • Hyundai Accent
  • Kia Rio
  • Kia Rio 5-Door
  • Chevrolet Spark
  • Chevrolet Sonic

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm curious to figure out what all the differences between the mazda2 and the ia are. Do we have an idea of that yet?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm curious to figure out what all the differences between the mazda2 and the ia are. Do we have an idea of that yet?
As for technical differences aside from powertrain, that is foreign to us. There is a thread on design differences, if you haven't seen it as yet.

·
Registered
370 Posts
don't like lancers, good option for the price though.
if you google around for the options you should be able to find them, it's a 2015 model after all, out currently.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mitsubishi scares me a bit though. Do they make good quality cars or is Mitsubishi's sales pretty low for a reason?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mitsubishi scares me a bit though. Do they make good quality cars or is Mitsubishi's sales pretty low for a reason?
What about them scares you?

Don't recall seeing or hearing anything concerning about the quality of their cars.

·
Registered
422 Posts
What about them scares you?

Don't recall seeing or hearing anything concerning about the quality of their cars.
I guess I just don't hear or see much about them at all which makes me question why. Are they just not selling a lot of cars because people don't like them, or is it because there are specific problems with their vehicles?

I did read that they made a profit in NA for the first time in a number of years in 2014. So that is a good sign I suppose.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Not entirely surprised by that sales information. Haven't seen many of their new vehicles around, only a few years from the time of the last lancer launch I saw a noticeable amount of lancers.

Rarely see any cars from them.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Gas prices have been good.

Storm clouds have yet to gather, as they do, expect to see an upwards trend within this segment.

·
Registered
422 Posts
What about the Hyundai Veloster?

It's a little more expensive at 17,999 for starting price, and it is a bit of a hatchback instead of sedan but it definitely plays to the youth market and I think it is a great looking vehicle.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ Good suggestion.

Its price and MPG is close enough, higher in price and slightly worse MPG's, but all that isn't enough to have someone cross it off their list.

I'd consider it, but I think the Veloster is ugly, plus I don't need all that space.

·
Registered
98 Posts
As for technical differences aside from powertrain, that is foreign to us. There is a thread on design differences, if you haven't seen it as yet.
And what might the powertrain differences be? I have studied this extensively and they are indentical?

·
Registered
330 Posts
^ Good suggestion.

Its price and MPG is close enough, higher in price and slightly worse MPG's, but all that isn't enough to have someone cross it off their list.

I'd consider it, but I think the Veloster is ugly, plus I don't need all that space.
the rear looks like what mazda did with the smiling front but a smiling baby rear... looks like crap.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What about the Mazda 3 and Chevy Cruze? They're pretty similar in price (at least in my area, not sure of list price), a little larger inside, a bit faster, and get around the same mpg (Cruze limited lt will get 45+ on the highway, same with the iA if you go slow enough). My personal list when I was looking for a car didn't even include the iA, I was looking at the Corolla but they didn't have one with a 6 speed. My personal list included the new Mazda 3, Chevy Cruze, Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, Hyundai Velositer, Chevy Sonic RS, Ford Fiesta ST, Ford Focus, Mitsubishi Lancer, and used 2015+ Mazda 6 and and Mazda 3's with the 2.5 and under 15k miles. Pretty much the only option I wanted was either aux or Bluetooth, and the car had to have a manual transmission which limited the options a lot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts