Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Scion iA is going to be getting some new badges next year, as well as a new name, but that is actually all that is changing. Toyota will be calling the iA the 'Toyota Yaris Sedan'. It's a little strange to call it that, since it has nothing to do with the Yaris; it is in fact a Mazda2 when you take away cosmetic changes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, I'm looking to still get the iA. I was reading the Yaris sedan will come in two trim levels. Obviously, the lesser trim doesn't come with as much stuff as the iA. The highest trim does have seat warmers, which really leads me to believe the iA could get that, as many have discussed.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Had a feeling they would call it that, just about nothing else out there to call it, nothing that would make sense at least. Plus they launched it in Canada as a Yaris.

But that has me wondering what the iM will be called? Auris? Corolla Wagon?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a feeling they would call it that, just about nothing else out there to call it, nothing that would make sense at least. Plus they launched it in Canada as a Yaris.

But that has me wondering what the iM will be called? Auris? Corolla Wagon?
Auris. It is already based on that model from Europe that Toyota produces.

And one nice thing is that the front crash prevention system is standard no matter what trim you get.

·
Registered
401 Posts
But they have history of not using the same name in other markets, so that has me thinking it might be known as the Corolla Wagon. it was a common practice.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think they're gonna call the Scion iM the Toyota Corolla wagon. It's pretty sporty for a Corolla but it fits Toyota's business plan perfectly ta call it that.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wagons are known to not do well in North America, so I am not on board with your theory.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah but the difference is it's already IN the market, if they got that far they see potential for it and it's here.

Now it's all just a matter of changing its name to fit under Toyota, which we already established.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I could see the iM as the new Matrix (which was a corolla wagon).

·
Registered
370 Posts
That depends. It was a bit of a boring hatch, so they might not want to make the connection just to give the wrong impression. The new corolla however has shows some drastic changes over at Toyota.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts