Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scion iA has earned the 2016 Top Safety Pick + rating from IIHS, the first low-priced car to earn this rating. This rating was awarded to the iA because of it's advanced front crash prevention score and the fact that the autobrake system comes standard, something that has previously only come standard in luxury vehicles.

The single trim autobrake system bagged the award for Scion this year.

You can read Scion iA's full crash review here.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Not all too surprised, being a Mazda, Mazda has been getting good safety ratings overall so for those that have been keeping in the loop of what's going on.. this is no surprise.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It's cool that the iA won since it is such an affordable vehicle. The rest of the vehicles with that rating cost a bit more. I don't like the idea that only those who can afford safety can get it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The Scion iA was a collaboration between two brands that is known for being reliable and safe, not surprised the Scion iA was awarded but why not the iM?

·
Registered
143 Posts
No auto braking system. And the iA really isn't much of a collaboration, it's a straight up rebadge of the Mazda 2. I think all they changed was the grille and gage cluster.

·
Registered
422 Posts
yea the auto braking system is actually a requirement for the award, not just something that makes it more likely.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Odd they would put the auto breaking only in one of the i models and not the other. The iM didn't even get the TOP SAFETY PICK award, the one without the plus and auto braking requirement.

·
Registered
370 Posts
No doubt, but both are just as sporty in their classes, something lighter and smaller will always be more sporty than something bigger and heavier that both have a similar level of sportiness added.

·
Registered
422 Posts
There are also regulation s that are supposed to come into force soon that will make it so every car has to have a backup camera and front collision braking. So it will be in all models in the next few years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts