Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Scion has been experimenting with an online sales model called Pure Process Plus, and it appears that the experiment yielded good results because the brand wishes to roll out the system to all of its 1,000 dealers by the second half of next year.

The Toyota sub-brand has always tried to cater to young buyers, and you know what young people like? The internet. Online shopping has grown steadily over the past few years, but the auto industry hasn't been able to tap into that given the unique buying process. Scion implemented its Pure Process Plus system in 10 dealerships in Phoenix and San Diego, and has since expanded that experiment to 60 dealerships. By the second half of next year, they hope to have the system in place at all of Scion's 1,000 dealerships across the US.

So how does it work? Pure Process Plus lets buyers choose all the options for their vehicle, which for Scion is a pretty short list of choices. Buyers of the iA and iM can choose their exterior color, a manual or automatic transmission and the optional navigation system. The price is non-negotiable and is set right there on the website. Given that price haggling is probably one of the most stressful parts of buying a car at the dealership, I think many will appreciate this aspect of the Pure Process Plus. Financing can be determined online as well, and the vehicle can even be delivered right to your door ( as long as that's legal in your state.)

How many of you guys would be interested in using this system to buy your Scion iA?

·
Registered
211 Posts
This would only work if the buyer has already tested the Scion iA at their local dealership. I can't imagine someone purchasing a car without first testing it and then you may as well buy it at the lot since you're already there. Not sure what Scion classify as good results.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think that they would be expanding it if people weren't using it at all. Test drives are important, so I'm not sure if they are doing those in person or if these people just don't care enough to test them.

As far as buying shoes online, I think that it is actually more common then you may think. With shoes, you can always return them if they don't fit properly. Online shopping, including shoes, is becoming increasingly popular.

In 2013, global e-retail sales amounted to 839.8 billion U.S. dollars and projections show a growth of up to 1.5 trillion U.S. dollars by 2018. North America is currently the largest regional market for online shopping, with sales worth some 126 billion U.S. dollars reported in 2013, more than double the amount in 2008.
http://www.statista.com/statistics/239372/us-b2c-e-commerce-volume-since-2006/

·
Registered
211 Posts
It seems like the Scion iA and the iM are now arriving in showrooms across the country but I'm not sure if they are available for pick up yet. They are probably available for testing but actual delivery may still be delayed until the end of the month.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they are available in showrooms then I assume that they are also available for test drives?

·
Registered
211 Posts
They should be available for test drives. Not too sure about the iA but the iM units are being shipped and they should be arriving at your local dealer soon if they aren't there already.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you referring to reviews or when the iA will be available at your local dealer?
You said:

Not too sure about the iA but the iM units are being shipped and they should be arriving at your local dealer soon if they aren't there already.
So I'm just wondering if the iA units are also being shipped, or if we know that yet?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I guess it's dependent on where you live. Toyota of Clermont claims that they have 2016 Scion iA so maybe it'll start trickling in to your local dealerships. Best course of action is to call the ones near you and see if they have any in stock.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I guess it's dependent on where you live. Toyota of Clermont claims that they have 2016 Scion iA so maybe it'll start trickling in to your local dealerships. Best course of action is to call the ones near you and see if they have any in stock.
Should depend on location of manufacturing facility and how far/close dealers are to it. But I think that will only be a difference in days and maybe a week the further away from the facility you get.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Should depend on location of manufacturing facility and how far/close dealers are to it. But I think that will only be a difference in days and maybe a week the further away from the facility you get.
Do you think there's any chance they might be giving more priority to higher volume dealers then working to those that aren't moving vehicles as fast?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts