Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately Scion saw its sales continue to decline in April 2015. Total sales for the month sat at 4,300 units. That is a 20% decline compared to the same month last year.

Overall sales tell a similar story. This year the brand has delivered 16,000 units. That is a 17.9% drop compared to the same period last year.

Scion is planning to release a number of new models over the next year, and this is meant to reverse this troubling trend.

Do you think that the iM, iA, and iR can pull Scion out of its sales slide?

·
Registered
401 Posts
iA and iM hold a stronger position than current and past Scions, they're bound to be better than those.

The iR, you can't even question at the moment, we don't even know what it will be. Just speculation it'll be a rebadged Aygo,

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Obviously Scion is working on this, and you have to figure that sales will rebound, I just wonder if it will be to a level that Scion is really happy about.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Obviously Scion is working on this, and you have to figure that sales will rebound, I just wonder if it will be to a level that Scion is really happy about.
yup
these models are proof of it
if it wasn't for them, Scion would soon be on its way out destined to end like Pontiac

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poor Pontiac...

I think this is a last effort to get things on level footing, if it doesn't work then Scion might be gone in the near future.

If it works and creates a sales base for the company though, then we might see some more development and investment in the company.

·
Registered
401 Posts
yup
these models are proof of it
if it wasn't for them, Scion would soon be on its way out destined to end like Pontiac
considering they're part of Toyota... that would have been the case

toyota has a lot of models it sells elsewhere that can be slotted into Scion's portfolio like what's happening now.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its kind of a mash up of a whole bunch of different models. A grab bag of nice models from Toyota and other brands.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yea that's what I was referring to.

Scion doesn't have any vehicles that are Scion's and Scion's alone, right?
Only with models that initially made their way to the market years ago that are still available to day, all pre-FRS vehicles.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Only with models that initially made their way to the market years ago that are still available to day, all pre-FRS vehicles.
xD, xB, tC, iQ are the ones that come to mind.

haven't seen them badged as Toyota elsewhere like the iM is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts