Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's no option to just pay a bit more for a sun roof? That is unfortunate. At least it takes the guesswork out of adding up the additional costs of various options and making sure it fits within my budget.

·
Registered
370 Posts
There's no option to just pay a bit more for a sun roof? That is unfortunate. At least it takes the guesswork out of adding up the additional costs of various options and making sure it fits within my budget.
But even if a sunroof was optional the impact it would have on your budget would be minimal, it would be like taking a couple more trips to starbucks a month.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think that the costs saved by not having any differences to account for in the production process keeps the price way down. Adding any options would harm that cost saving strategy.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think a sunroof can work just that they might be using it to push people to a Mazda 3 if they want extra's like that.

·
Registered
422 Posts
You really think that people would change vehicles just because they want a sunroof?

And besides, Scion has no intention of pushing people to the Mazda 3.

·
Registered
401 Posts
You really think that people would change vehicles just because they want a sunroof?

And besides, Scion has no intention of pushing people to the Mazda 3.
As one of many things, yeah. But it's not the only reasons. The iA with anything more with the iA and Mazda 3 is price at... will put the iA more into Mazda 3 pricing territory.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think that Scion consumers are people who are willing to take the vehicle with its features and at its affordable price as a whole package. If you want more, go spend more money on something else.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The affordable single trim price for the Scion iA will give me a bit of budget wiggle room to spend on a few extra things like seat covers, floor mats, etc. I think it's a great idea that other manufacturers should follow.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The affordable single trim price for the Scion iA will give me a bit of budget wiggle room to spend on a few extra things like seat covers, floor mats, etc. I think it's a great idea that other manufacturers should follow.
When it comes to floor mats, I hope weather tech comes to market with their mats in good timing. This is going to be one of the higher volume Scion's around so it should be something they jump on and soon.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just curious what the options are for the Mazda2. I wonder if any of those things would be available for purchase that you could install into the iA later.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We test drove an iA automatic today. It came off the truck at noon and by 1:00 they had already installed pin stripes. I'm not sure how many other dealer installed "options" are going to be mandatory. If the price is raised too high, I am just obstinate enough to wait for one at another dealer. They will call with a price quote tomorrow.

·
Registered
422 Posts
So they just put pinstripes on it right out the gate, and are now charging more because of that? That seems a little slimy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts