Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ! Just wanted to introduce myself as a proud owner of the new 2016 Scion iA . Name's Adrian ... from Michigan.
Absolutely love the new car ! Even if I did buy it for my soon-to-be wife :))

Here is my new baby all cleaned up on a nice day.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome! These are great cars, ive only had little issues not strongly related with the car it self, just little annoyances going stick to auto lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh let me tell you a story ! I badly wanted to purchase the manual for the iA and then this happened. I went to Toyota and they told me they didn't have any manuals on the lot but that there was one in transit for them and it should arrive in about a week. They already had my Scion on the lot but it was an automatic so I was not very interested at first. After waiting for almost 2 weeks, the second of which being with a borrowed car !!! ( I managed to sell my previous car faster than anticipated ) they tell me: "Oh ... the car isn't coming anymore ... seems to have been damaged while transport ... and is going back to the factory for repairs ... It seems like the only other closest manual iA is halfway across the country so your best bet is to get an automatic."

And then I was like .... oooook .... i guess ....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thats horrible, I couldnt imagine that haha

·
Registered
422 Posts
Oh let me tell you a story ! I badly wanted to purchase the manual for the iA and then this happened. I went to Toyota and they told me they didn't have any manuals on the lot but that there was one in transit for them and it should arrive in about a week. They already had my Scion on the lot but it was an automatic so I was not very interested at first. After waiting for almost 2 weeks, the second of which being with a borrowed car !!! ( I managed to sell my previous car faster than anticipated ) they tell me: "Oh ... the car isn't coming anymore ... seems to have been damaged while transport ... and is going back to the factory for repairs ... It seems like the only other closest manual iA is halfway across the country so your best bet is to get an automatic."

And then I was like .... oooook .... i guess ....
But didn't you buy it from your soon to be wife? Was it her who was giving you all this bad news about the manual?

·
Registered
370 Posts
:nerd: OOooo, I see that now. My bad. I was a little confused before.

They should expect more people to drive manual since that transmission is getting much better reviews.
I don't think expectations are going to grow any more, those that are used to automatics transmissions for the most part won't do manual, at the end of the day for those same folks its a cool commuter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
100% agreed but you guys have to admit that stick isn't all the fun when you've been in bumper to bumper traffic down the highway for the past hour after a long day of work !

And again it is important to keep in mind that my Scion will be driven 99% of the time by a woman so ...

Other than that hands down stick is the true driving experience.... no doubt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts