Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hopefully you know how to keep that black paint looking good for years to come since bad washing techniques can make it age quickly.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't help but think how good those would look with the iA lowered to the point the wheels sit with little gap from the fender. Maybe an inch or two gap. Surprised we haven't seen more lowered iA's by now.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think that would be pretty epic. But maybe pull the fenders a little bit too though. To give it that stanced look.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Can't help but think how good those would look with the iA lowered to the point the wheels sit with little gap from the fender. Maybe an inch or two gap. Surprised we haven't seen more lowered iA's by now.
It's not safe

·
Registered
235 Posts
An inch or two gap isn't that bad compared to those that are "credit card flush"

That stuff is just stupid. But an inch or two gap over the wheel definitely maintains driveability

·
Registered
44 Posts
From working with gm for a couple years I have seen the horrors of black paint. When you go to wash your car I highly recommend touchless car washes. For actual hands on cleaning, use "WATER DRYING CHAMOIS" material. You can buy it in sheets and cut it up. It feels like rubber an literally absorbs the water until u ring it out.

The most important part is to make sure to wash away all dirt before touching it.

Wax will be important to keep a protective coat on there.
Also, be careful if you have someone detail it for you. I have seen so many cars ruined by someone inexperienced with their tools.
But black is gorgeous and worth the extra care!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts