Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Torque News drove the iA and really liked the seats. They're not bolstered enough for hot laps at Laguna but they're more then supportive and comfortable for your day to day donut runs. ;)

The sport bucket seats of the iA are well-tailored and offer good support and comfort, though hard sport driving will prove the bolsters inadequate for Speed Racer types. In everyday driving, though, the Scion iA is a comfortable, well-mannered little car that is equally at home rushing from one stop light to the next as it is twisting through the seaboard roads of the coast.
http://www.torquenews.com/1080/2016-scion-ia-game-changing-new-subcompact#.VZU9bJ-_Iq8.twitter

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm sorry but who is buying the Scion iA and planning on doing "hard sport driving" with it? Seems like a non-issue for a vehicle like this.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry but who is buying the Scion iA and planning on doing "hard sport driving" with it? Seems like a non-issue for a vehicle like this.
no one plans on it, you've never felt the urge to cook that corner 10 over the posted limit just to see if she'll take the roll? They call that living, especially when your weapon of choice is an 88 Vandura complete with mobile ladder system ;)

Besides you can pull some heavy G's in the Mcdonalds drive thru if its wrap around style.

·
Registered
422 Posts
no one plans on it, you've never felt the urge to cook that corner 10 over the posted limit just to see if she'll take the roll? They call that living, especially when your weapon of choice is an 88 Vandura complete with mobile ladder system ;)

Besides you can pull some heavy G's in the Mcdonalds drive thru if its wrap around style.
Seems like the type of thing that causes some type of accident. I prefer to play safe. Nothing too crazy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
With today's heavier traffic and distracted drivers, I prefer a nimble car. Y'all never know when a quick turn of the wheel, braking or acceleration might be necessary to get you and your loved ones out of a jam. The video of the Mazda 2 crash tests also give confidence in the survival of an accident.

I'm going to miss the raw power of my current '04 Mustang GT convertible (33,000 miles on the odometer), but am looking forward a waterproof car that does not try to shake itself apart at freeway speeds.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like the type of thing that causes some type of accident. I prefer to play safe. Nothing too crazy.
LOL 10 over the posted speed is not even close to touching the limits of whatever you're driving. Still here with you, crazy keeps you sane man ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With today's heavier traffic and distracted drivers, I prefer a nimble car. Y'all never know when a quick turn of the wheel, braking or acceleration might be necessary to get you and your loved ones out of a jam. The video of the Mazda 2 crash tests also give confidence in the survival of an accident.

I'm going to miss the raw power of my current '04 Mustang GT convertible (33,000 miles on the odometer), but am looking forward a waterproof car that does not try to shake itself apart at freeway speeds.
Hey welcome to the boards!!

I'm just hoping that the drive is actually Mazda like. A few reviews said they felt like Toyota had taken the Mazda feel out of the steering, not really sure how true that might be until its evaluated in person...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hey welcome to the boards!!

I'm just hoping that the drive is actually Mazda like. A few reviews said they felt like Toyota had taken the Mazda feel out of the steering, not really sure how true that might be until its evaluated in person...
One thing for sure, how the throttle feels should be mazda-like since we are getting a Mazda engine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm looking forward to some enthusiasts on the forums here figuring out exactly what was changed. If there is some Mazda 2 part we can replace/add on the iA as an aftermarket modification, that would be great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The reviews are varied on this. Some agree with the above, others approve the steering. At least one review speculates that the difference in steering is the result of the 60 profile tires giving more on curves but providing a softer ride.

After following the reviews on the Mazda 2's/3's and my experiences with my current Mustang GT, I think I prefer the compromise provided by the 60 profiles.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm looking forward to some enthusiasts on the forums here figuring out exactly what was changed. If there is some Mazda 2 part we can replace/add on the iA as an aftermarket modification, that would be great.
From the looks of it, tail lights will be one thing we can replace since it didn't make sense for them to reconfigure the rear as they did with the front, would involve way too much.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The front bumper and headlights were changed, but appear to be more or less bolt-compliant with the mazda2 front-end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts