Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unfortunately its with the SkyActiv diesel, but chassis behaviour and interior touch points don't change with fuel choice!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Shame we won't get the diesel, diesel in that car in the north american market will shoot it right to the top of the list no question!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Shame we won't get the diesel, diesel in that car in the north american market will shoot it right to the top of the list no question!
I disagree, the option would cost too much, especially relative to the lower price of an entry level car.

What the Scion iA needs is money spent on marketing to make sure people know it exists.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Don't mean to give your hopes up but, No need for a diesel...

is mid-30MPG's city and low 40MPG's highway not enough?

it sure is enough for them to look good in this segment.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Marketing will probably be important and I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Scion ad ever. I wonder what Scion's ad budget is though. How much are they willing to risk in advertising in the hopes of that coming back as a return in sales.

·
Registered
401 Posts
What ever marketing efforts they have planned, we should start seeing them in the coming months at the earliest.

Don't know what they have planned but being a car they never had, approach will likely be different.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I disagree, the option would cost too much, especially relative to the lower price of an entry level car.

What the Scion iA needs is money spent on marketing to make sure people know it exists.
I don't think its the option cost that holds it back, but the cost to homolgate the car for sale. Mazda doesn't move NEAR enough volume to amortise the cost of homologating 2 powertrains with the govvy.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I don't think its the option cost that holds it back, but the cost to homolgate the car for sale. Mazda doesn't move NEAR enough volume to amortise the cost of homologating 2 powertrains with the govvy.
True!

Volume, speaks VOLUMES for future features, if they have growth... throw more at it, if not, big additions like that don't come close to being justified.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts