Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thoroughly enjoying the infotainment system even though one thing has been bothering me, I can never use the text messaging system, it always seems to be unavailable for use as well as the notifications, either my phone is not compatible or something, I have a iphone 6 plus if any of you are wondering.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You have to allow the car to read your text messages. Go to settings -> Bluetooth -> select the little "i" next to your cars connection (mine is Toyota/Scion) and select "Show Notofications". It will read your texts, but you can't reply through the system. Hope that helps!

Reactions: dp1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to allow the car to read your text messages. Go to settings -> Bluetooth -> select the little "i" next to your cars connection (mine is Toyota/Scion) and select "Show Notofications". It will read your texts, but you can't reply through the system. Hope that helps!
I tried doing that and I can't find the little i? If you can screenshot for me that would be great lol this is ridiculous but I want to see this work

·
Registered
206 Posts
Go to settings, then Bluetooth.

Then...

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was having the same issue and now realize I did not have the "Show Notifications" slider on green! Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you been able to SEND messages through the system now that you can receive them? I looked it up and it doesn't seem like my iPhone 6s is compatible with sending, only receiving, which really bums me out.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Have you been able to SEND messages through the system now that you can receive them? I looked it up and it doesn't seem like my iPhone 6s is compatible with sending, only receiving, which really bums me out.
Android 4 Life

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone noticed there are quick replies under one of the settings menus? I can't send them though with my iPhone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts