Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought that I would post up this video from TFL that takes a look at the Scion iM and iA at the New York Auto Show. Its a short 5 minutes long and gives you a nice look at the inside and the outside of each vehicle.

·
Registered
401 Posts
She makes a good point about how in-your-face the front end of the iA is, a good thing Scion has accomplished here as when it comes to design it helps to have your product stand out.

Sadly, that's where it stops, everything else is purely Mazda 2.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She makes a good point about how in-your-face the front end of the iA is, a good thing Scion has accomplished here as when it comes to design it helps to have your product stand out.

Sadly, that's where it stops, everything else is purely Mazda 2.
Well the Mazda2 is a great car though, so its not like that is really a bad thing. I'm glad that Scion changed the front enough to make it look like their own instead of keeping basically everything the same except the little badge at the front. I also think that the iA might look really nice when we see it in a color other than this dark grey.

·
Registered
370 Posts
they had to change something with them getting the vehicle from mazda

if it came from toyota there would probably be less changes.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well the Mazda2 is a great car though, so its not like that is really a bad thing. I'm glad that Scion changed the front enough to make it look like their own instead of keeping basically everything the same except the little badge at the front. I also think that the iA might look really nice when we see it in a color other than this dark grey.
The difference this time is it's coming from a different brand and just rebadging a vehicle doesn't cut it all that much these days

no way it'd get green lighted with just a badge swap

·
Registered
370 Posts
and that grill is a Mazda grill
it's part of the brands design language, making it an area they had no choice but to change.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess they have more of a need to cahnge the design a bit when they borrow from another company instead of from Toyota.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I guess they have more of a need to cahnge the design a bit when they borrow from another company instead of from Toyota.
Of course they would.

Do you think just throwing a Scion badge in the middle of a grille that defines Mazda is right? NO.

·
Registered
370 Posts
that's just how Scions/Toyotas/Lexus' are
all will have some similarities but enough to keep them distinctive to their own brand

·
Registered
370 Posts
Going in on features that come as mono-spec especially about that infotainment system is what most folks looking into getting one should delve into, something to give it more points ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts