Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2017 Fiat Spider is a slick looking vehicle. Of particular interest is the interior "driver experience".

The Spider:

The iA:

Something about it... can't quite put my finger on it... >:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's the same Mazda Connect infotainment system that's been in most Mazdas for the last couple years. The Fiat is a rebadged Miata, hence the same controls.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's more that the infotainment system, but yep. Just think it's kinda neat that a much, much cheaper vehicle can offer as much as the iA does.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I understand that. But still, its funny to see the exact same design being used by so many different brands.

Si. Si. Si! (Meaning yes-yes-yes! in Spanish.) It is perty weird ta see that same design layout in both really diffent vehicles. Speaks to the defense of Mazda and what must be a vouch for their competent automotive designs of late, huh? Agree? I do. Si-Si-Si!

·
Registered
20 Posts
This one makes me go hmmmm as well lol

Quote:

"Under the hood is a 1.5-liter engine rated at 106 horsepower with a slick 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic. Gas mileage is listed at 33/42 mpg. I got 37 in mixed commuting, 42 cruising at 70 mph, and taking a short 60 mph trip, saw an outstanding 46 mpg! Overall gas mileage was about the same as what I got from a Toyota Prius hybrid a few weeks earlier. Plus this car likes to be driven hard, unusual for a low-priced economy car."

Driven hard? is it because it's based on the mazda 2?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts