Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I just my new Scion iA on Saturday and couldn't be happier with my purchase. It is graphite with the manual transmission.

Anyway, I traded in my BMW 335i for it because I wanted something more reliable and cheaper to maintain. The Scion continues to surprise me on how well it handles and drives. It is not nearly as fast as the BMW, but it handles 95% as well in my opinion.

I'm hoping to do some mods in the summer but I am going to drive the car as it is for a while. Here are some pictures of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
That's quite the drastic move to make, from one of the nicest coupes on the market to own (for an enthusiast especially) to the iA.

Are you going to miss the 335i? Hopefully you at least got to have a lot of fun with it, a level of fun that probably made parting ways much easier.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome! Yes I didn't quite take that drastic of a step, but I came from a 2015 WRX to my iA to reduce payment, yet still try and keep some symblance of fun.

I've been happy so far, so I hope you will be too! Congrats!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While the 335i was a great car, I had a few issues with it. The first thing was that it was an automatic, which I got bored with after a while. Also, the maintenance was very expensive, which I kind of overlooked when I bought it because I got a great deal on it. It was also pretty expensive to insure too, as I am under 25. While the iA isn't nearly as fast as the 335i, it is a pleasure to drive, especially with the manual transmission.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not quite to the same degree as you, and havent even pulled the trigger yet... i cant make myself do it. But if i do end up pulling the trigger on an ia, ill be coming from a fully bolton( minus catback thats still stock) 2013 civic si sedan. Who knew you could get a civic to get 22-23 mpg average. Sheesh. Congrats on your purchase. Looks nice in that color.

·
Registered
98 Posts
All in all, I think that the Scion is a lot of fun drives well, is inexpensive gets great fuel economy and just feels good to own. Congrats on your iA Great Color!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TheTech I've been getting around 32-34 city with my car. If you haven't driven one, I'd highly suggest doing so. It won't be able to keep up with your civic, but the thing is still fun to toss around because it only weighs 2300 lbs.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Very interesting trade in you made. Faster doesn't mean more fun, and cost of maintenance is also something significant to consider too.

It's good to hear that you are completely happy with your decision.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
401 Posts
That whole point about transmission makes sense, i'd be the same way because back when they first came out I was working in a BMW dealership and had the chance to drive both the automatic and manual, manual for some reason felt like a whole different animal to me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's usually the case for luxury brand cars, everything is more expensive and the money you save on a great deal will go towards that. And if something ever breaks down...At least with the Scion iA you'll know that toyota has a huge stock of parts and it's cheaper to maintain.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've never owned a higher end car, but I hear that BMWs are terribly expensive if you have to order parts for them and it takes a while for said parts to come in. As long as my car is comfortable and can play some good music and accelerate so I can pass people, I'm content.

·
Registered
401 Posts
As long as you own them when under warranty you're in the clear, anything beyond that and its almost a gamble with the way I see it. The only downside while in warranty is the back and forth you'll have to go through just to have issues dealt with, but making that a better experience is the fact they typically have a good amount of new loaners.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts