Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right! Beware of drive train issues. At 18,000 my transmission failed. The dealer couldn't tell what caused the extremely low pressure inthe transmission that lead to it's sudden failure (probably because most Toyota dealers haven't had hands on time with the ia). I haven't seen any issues like this with the IA's Madza cousins. Hopefully this doesn't become a repeat issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They ordered a new transmission. Took about 4 days. They had no clue how it happened. What's weird to me, was how suddenly it failed. Ran into the store and when I tried to back out of a space it just started jerking until the engine stalled.

·
Registered
330 Posts
They ordered a new transmission. Took about 4 days. They had no clue how it happened. What's weird to me, was how suddenly it failed. Ran into the store and when I tried to back out of a space it just started jerking until the engine stalled.
This for Manual or for Auto?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Gosh darn that's really odd. I wish they would have said which components failed and what not instead of just replaced it and said we don't know. They have to know what happened, that's their job lol.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Gosh darn that's really odd. I wish they would have said which components failed and what not instead of just replaced it and said we don't know. They have to know what happened, that's their job lol.
They probably ran to the nearest Mazda dealer to do diagnostic and pick up parts.

·
Registered
401 Posts
They probably ran to the nearest Mazda dealer to do diagnostic and pick up parts.
I wouldn't be surprised at all. Plus there's a good chance the two dealerships are part of the same dealer network which makes all of that much easier to go about.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Was it auto or stick? My trans is manual and being replaced at 7k, the car still drives fine but makes a lot of noise from the trans. I wouldn't be surprised if my trans died out soon like yours.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Was it auto or stick? My trans is manual and being replaced at 7k, the car still drives fine but makes a lot of noise from the trans. I wouldn't be surprised if my trans died out soon like yours.
Auto less problem #worth

·
Registered
347 Posts
Veloster is a dressed up Hyundai accent and you can't modify the turbo you'll blow up the motor. Look on the forums.190hp are naturally aspirated numbers. the civic si is a better offering and more reliable. If you don't like your car Jin trade it in. I'm pretty happy with my 12k car besides the weird noise I can deal if it breaks they'll fix it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had a civic si, and I have to say it wasnt reliable at all. Sure it was fast and fun for a car that got 30 mpg, but it broke down a lot and needed a full engine rebuild at 45k miles and needed it's third vtec solenoid at 60k. I've had nothing but bad experiences with Honda, I'd never buy another one. As for Hyundai I definitely agree with the velositer being a dressed up accent. I would love the genesis though (the 3.8 r spec with a 6 speed or 5.0 r spec sedan). Honestly I can't see myself going for another asian brand though, not after my luck with them. I'll stay with German and American brands. Next I want a truck then maybe an Audi, my aunt had an Audi that drove from NJ to FL at 220k miles... it still had the original clutch in it, and drove smoother than any Toyota Mazda or Honda I've ever been in, only issues she had were the exhaust falling off in GA on the interstate, and the leather was cracked and ripped on the front seats. She finally scrapped it when the parking brake cable rusted through and it rolled down the driveway after being parked there for 3 months.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Veloster is a dressed up Hyundai accent and you can't modify the turbo you'll blow up the motor. Look on the forums.190hp are naturally aspirated numbers. the civic si is a better offering and more reliable. If you don't like your car Jin trade it in. I'm pretty happy with my 12k car besides the weird noise I can deal if it breaks they'll fix it.
I'll get a Mirage G4 when mine dies.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah my tsx did the same thing as your si vtec actuator broke timing chain. it was under warranty though the 04-05 were plagued. First year models are usually trouble I thought this would be ok cuz it's a mazda 2

1 - 20 of 31 Posts