Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would the dipstick to check the condition of the transmission fluid be located? I used to have a Camry and it was easy to find but I can't find this in the iA yet. Does it not have one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where would the dipstick to check the condition of the transmission fluid be located? I used to have a Camry and it was easy to find but I can't find this in the iA yet. Does it not have one?
It has no transmission dipstick. The Scion Ia has a sealed transmission. The Scion Scheduled Maintenance Owner's Manual only shows that the transmission fluid should be inspected at 30,000 mile intervals. How that's done is a question that only the dealership should answer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ia doesn't have a trans fluid dipstick since it's a sealed transmission... But it must have a fill bolt.. which means it has a drain bolt..

If you know where these are... please leave a post..

Pics are helpful too.

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts

No dipstick, but there is a fill bolt....

idk where it is... You anyone knows please help...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just get a coupon from nearest Mazda or toyota dealer if it's an automatic and have them do it shouldnt be more than 80-100 just make sure it's oem fluid the generic stuff isn't too great

·
Registered
90 Posts
2016 scion ia automatic transmission uses ATF FZ fluid (Toyota part number 00718-ATF-FZ) or Use Mazda ATF FZ fluid... Or Ravenol J1D2160-001-999 ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) - FZ Fluid Full Synthetic...

Toyota part numbers

90118-WB160 - Auto transmission o-ring gasket
90118-WB669 - auto transmission drain plug gasket (same as oil drain plug gasket)
35330-WB001 - auto trans filter/strainer

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 scion ia automatic transmission uses ATF FZ fluid (Toyota part number 00718-ATF-FZ) or Use Mazda ATF FZ fluid... Or Ravenol J1D2160-001-999 ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) - FZ Fluid Full Synthetic...

Toyota part numbers

90118-WB160 - Auto transmission o-ring gasket
90118-WB669 - auto transmission drain plug gasket (same as oil drain plug gasket)
35330-WB001 - auto trans filter/strainer
Thanks for the part numbers
I pulled the air box out and the dipstick is below secured by a 10MM bolt.
it has a hot cold range so it must be a traditional; fill anc check when warm.
Valvoline MaxLife Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid is compatible with both Mazda FZ and M-V. may go that route.
Car has 30K on it and fluid looks good, so going to wait until 40K
Thoughts on the fluid or service interval?

·
Registered
90 Posts
@ 40K miles now. Fluid looks good, slightly clear blue, (particulates in fluid expected to be dust entering through vent tubes).

"sealed transmission=lifetime fluid", therefore no servicing needed.... But...

Personally thinking about doing a transmission fluid change at approx 60-70k miles, will need to check condition of fluid then...

Transmission fluid change=
- drain old fluid
- drop pan and replace trans filter/strainer and gasket
- replace with new fluid

1 - 13 of 13 Posts