Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used TrueCar to buy a car before? A friendly recently bought a Honda Civic through TrueCar and it helped her save money.

Now I've heard that Scion dealers don't haggle. Can we get any sort of discount through TrueCar? Any other ways to buy the Scion at a discount of some sort?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Haven't ever used before, heard a lot about it though and raving feedback about how much folks saved, just nothing in relation to Scion.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've also heard good things. No personal experience though.

Scion doesn't haggle people really. They know people come into Scion in order to get a good deal.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've also heard good things. No personal experience though.

Scion doesn't haggle people really. They know people come into Scion in order to get a good deal.
And end up leaving with no deal :D

I bet there are some frustrated folks that expect to get something.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not being able to haggle at all must make the sales people's jobs more difficult. You need that room in order to seal the deal often times.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not being able to haggle at all must make the sales people's jobs more difficult. You need that room in order to seal the deal often times.
But scion sales people are paid salary, not commission. So they aren't as worried about what it takes to make a sale. They can still throw in freebies, just not price negotiable.

·
Registered
422 Posts
But scion sales people are paid salary, not commission. So they aren't as worried about what it takes to make a sale. They can still throw in freebies, just not price negotiable.
I never knew that. That must make their jobs much less stressful. No commission at all?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I never knew that. That must make their jobs much less stressful. No commission at all?
That's only if it is a Scion dealership. If it is a Toyota/Scion dealership then the salesman is actually paid commission by Toyota. So you need to be sure you know where a standalone Scion dealer is, because I have been to one in Baton Rouge and it is amazing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's only if it is a Scion dealership. If it is a Toyota/Scion dealership then the salesman is actually paid commission by Toyota. So you need to be sure you know where a standalone Scion dealer is, because I have been to one in Baton Rouge and it is amazing.

I'll try and do business with a standalone Scion dealer then, if I can. Good to know.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'll try and do business with a standalone Scion dealer then, if I can. Good to know.
And before you do, depending on your past experience (if any) with Scion/Toyota, reading into the experiences of others on other forums should be helping.

You'll walk in with an arsenal of knowledge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts