Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
As mentioned in the video about the additional navigation software, that's something optional i'll have to look into getting.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've never understood why you wouldn't just use the navigation on your phone instead of buying an additional nav system for your car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
because using your phone while driving is illegal, pay attention!
And the screen in the car is right next to your driving line of sight, 7" so easier to read, and is already integrated so you don't have to fiddle with stuff to get the voice prompts working.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm used to using my phone to get directions since that's what i've been doing for years with no need for a dedicated GPS, but of course a dedicated GPS/navigation system that the law agree's with is the only way it'll work.... legally.

·
Registered
401 Posts
And the screen in the car is right next to your driving line of sight, 7" so easier to read, and is already integrated so you don't have to fiddle with stuff to get the voice prompts working.
Even more important that it's an in vehicle system that's designed to be optimized for that purpose which in that case is probably the best way to go about getting around.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Even more important that it's an in vehicle system that's designed to be optimized for that purpose which in that case is probably the best way to go about getting around.
Pretty much. I've tried to use smartphone navigation, but it isn't nearly as useful when driving.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Pretty much. I've tried to use smartphone navigation, but it isn't nearly as useful when driving.
In what ways do you find it to not be useful when driving?

For me the main thing is to know the streets I have to turn at and even the streets before that just so i'm that much more prepared to look out for where I need to turn.

·
Registered
370 Posts
some people need turn by turn directions especially if in a busy city where you need to have your eyes on the road and not off for even a split second... try driving around in NYC!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts