Scion IA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question - I usually pop CD's in to my rigs so this 2016 Scion iA will present some learning experiences for me, which is fine, kinda actually looking forward to it. Can I buy an adapter and plug into one of the connectors on the iA and listen to YouTube videos through my smartphone on the iA's entertainment center? Or do I need to download the music from my phone on to a flashdrive and connect that up to a USB connection on the iA?

·
Registered
206 Posts
The easiest way would be wirelessly via Bluetooth or using a 3.5mm mini-jack cable (headphone adapter). If you have a bunch of downloaded music though, a USB drive provides a nice database of songs in the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been listening to Blog Talk Radio via bluetooth. Assuming that you already have your smart phone paired you will push the music note button and then then push down once on the big dial. this will bring up a list of sources such as FM, AM, Pandora ect. spin the dial to scroll down to Bluetooth and select it. I usually have the app started on the phone before doing this but it should not make a difference. I hope this helps. I get this stuff going before I start driving and if there is a problem I fight the urge to pick up the phone because these cars are very distracting.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have been listening to Blog Talk Radio via bluetooth. Assuming that you already have your smart phone paired you will push the music note button and then then push down once on the big dial. this will bring up a list of sources such as FM, AM, Pandora ect. spin the dial to scroll down to Bluetooth and select it. I usually have the app started on the phone before doing this but it should not make a difference. I hope this helps. I get this stuff going before I start driving and if there is a problem I fight the urge to pick up the phone because these cars are very distracting.
That a smart thing to do and the time spent doing that can be batched with having the vehicle warm up although at the minimum that should be a few minutes, just to get all the fluids running properly and lubricating the various parts it has to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts