Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
24-Hour Roadside Assistance is provided for two years from date of purchase, regardless of mileage, and includes:
  • Battery Jump Starts
  • Flat Tire Assistance
  • Emergency Fuel Delivery
  • Lockout Protection
  • Towing to Closest Scion Dealership
  • Includes emergency supply of fuel, does not include parts and other fluids.

·
Registered
172 Posts
We do get road side, bit I have AAA and will use it over scion roadside lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
I prefer AAA because:

I am a AAA employee :)P)
Long history with them as a member
And why not?? I much rather have someone trusted xome iut rather than a towing company where you dont know if its the persons 1st hour, or 13th hour (I use to tow, what a pain in the backside)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Usually whatever the service is simply has relationships with various tow companies and repair shops all over the place. One is probably not better than the other, other than the cost and contract details. I just mean that you are going to be getting a tow truck to come help you out either way.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think some independent automotive shops have their own tow trucks, so for some people that might be an option if it makes sense, good if you're always in the city. Probably works out to be much cheaper too if you're going to get service done through them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do they have limited towing? Read that some roadside assistance only includes something like 2-3 tows per year.
That's a good question and something i haven't seen them mention online, they did however mention to ask dealers for more information. What's already included here is all, if not, most of it available online.

·
Registered
172 Posts
A lot of places cover 5 miles (use to tow), I've done a lot of side of highway yours with car makers road side assistance, in most cases it's covered to the dealer, or 5-20 miles towing

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So if you're on a road trip and nowhere close to a Scion dealer you're doomed?
Most if not all Scion dealers are part of Toyota dealers, and even if it happens that there's not a Scion dealer attached to a Toyota dealer, you should still be able to go to the Toyota dealer... no reason why you can't.

·
Registered
370 Posts
That's just about the only way a new brand that wants to blow up can exist anyways, especially with all the failures they've had.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's a spammer probably posting the same generic thing on various forums hoping that we'll look at them after the 2 year period for Scion's roadside assistance. I would still go with Scion since it's a branch of Toyota and there's always a Toyota dealership nearby.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts