Scion IA Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I didn't do this today (more like 2 weeks ago) and already posted this in the Spoiler thread, but here it is again: I bought the Mazda2 Trunk lip from someone in the FB page, primered but unpainted, shipped from Puerto Rico for $100 and $47 for shipping. Friend's mechanic painted and installed + labor all for $120. Total was about $270, still quite a bit less than the Toyota spoiler. I much prefer the lip spoiler over what Toyota sells. Just need to get some 3M VHB adhesive because the included 3M tape isn't as strong.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Installed the heated seats switch like a few other iA owners have done on this forum and over on the FB page. Unfortunately, I don't have any heat coming from my seats, not even a little bit like other say. Check the fuse and the one for "seat warmers" is fine, the heated seat switch works perfectly, but nothing. The only heat on the seats is from my own body heat.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm sure you checked YouTube.. But have to tried asking YouTubers for help?? Try Scotty Kilmer, he does DIY project, he also has website, a community were a lot of questions do get answered....

Installed the heated seats switch like a few other iA owners have done on this forum and over on the FB page. Unfortunately, I don't have any heat coming from my seats, not even a little bit like other say. Check the fuse and the one for "seat warmers" is fine, the heated seat switch works perfectly, but nothing. The only heat on the seats is from my own body heat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm just wondering if heated seats are only available on iAs sold in Canada. I'm not sure why Toyota would not offer heated seats as a dealer installed option if it's just a matter of installing the switches.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yesterday my 2017 iA went into the dealer for its periodic maintenance. It was due for its "7500 miles or 6 months" checkup; I only had 4000 miles on it, but had to get it in before the 6 months were up. (I mostly drive this car to and from the train station and for short trips otherwise, so I don't put many miles on it.)

They changed the oil and did some other minor maintenance things. They also noticed that one of the taillight bulbs had burned out, so that got replaced as well. And the car got washed, which is nice, as it might be the last time I can do it for awhile. Temperatures dropped dramatically overnight and it won't be warm enough for a car wash unless we get one of those rogue warm days over the winter.

Last week I took it in for some paint work. I had tried to parallel park next to a brick wall and miscalculated the distance, and ended up with a pretty scuffed-up right rear bumper. The body shop did an amazing job for $400 and it looks brand new.

I'm a bigger guy and this car is a challenge to get into and out of (especially dressed in winter clothing), but I love it anyway and will be taking it on a 600-mile trip just after Christmas. The mileage is so good that I should only have to fill it 2-3 times for that trip.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today, I installed Android Auto and several other tweaks on my Yaris iA. Google maps looks good, and has the option to show traffic. We'll see how it holds up with driving directions as we go. Phone calls and texts worked good also. In the little time i've had it, it appears to be working well and fast, although might be a bit buggy when switching between AA and the stock Mazda system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Today, I installed Android Auto and several other tweaks on my Yaris iA. Google maps looks good, and has the option to show traffic. We'll see how it holds up with driving directions as we go. Phone calls and texts worked good also. In the little time i've had it, it appears to be working well and fast, although might be a bit buggy when switching between AA and the stock Mazda system.
That's great. How did you do it? I'm guessing hacking the infotainment system will void the warranty. That said, is it possible to do a factory reset of some sort, in case something does happen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's great. How did you do it? I'm guessing hacking the infotainment system will void the warranty. That said, is it possible to do a factory reset of some sort, in case something does happen?
I used the MZD-AIO software that was linked in one of the Mazda forums, and used a USB. It worked without any problems. Yes, I'm sure it voids the warranty. I believe a factory reset is possible, as it backs up your original software for you, not 100% sure on the steps to do it, the software apparently does it for you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Finally! achieved perfect exhaust notice/sound- can't listen music anymore- listening small engine murmuring- here is quote from my american muscle neighbor- "what did you do? it sounds like porsche!" Indeed it sounds fantastic! Sound like porsche- means it's not loud, but you can hear that it's mean. So I managed to achieve this sound, by try an error- it cost me about $350 if I would knew better (muffler delete without replacement of sound muffling- makes your car sound stupid or ricer- I drove it as ricer for 30 days) at first place- It would save me $150. Anyway- no regrets- Now I have best sounding 1.5 skyactiv!

·
Registered
147 Posts
**** happens- especially if you jerk up your car parking break like vintage traktor you are used too. I never park in gear for the last 25 years- it is called parking brake- idiots! :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
******** and hillbillies have to stick to the tractors, so they will be mentally stable. Put this one into aston martin or porsche- he will complain about clearance and no enough room in the truck bed :)

101 - 120 of 134 Posts