Scion IA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

New to the forum here so first and foremost wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been in the process of looking for my wife's first car for a little while going back and forth between a couple of pre owned and new vehicles and once we stumbled upon the Scion iA (or Mazda 2 really) it's been kind of hard to find anything within its league at the same price. Simply put, the Scion iA, while pretty basic and only having one trim with the option of manual or automatic, is kind of hard to beat for the money. It has a Mazda sky active engine and great safety ratings at a pretty reasonable price for a new vehicle.

Now to get to the real point of my thread. While the iA is at a nice price point, I know for a fact you can get a better deal that what most dealers are asking. Here in Jacksonville, FL I actually saw a dealer with all their nonsense "Protection" packages asking for 19k which is ridiculous as I know these protection packages are just simple scotch guard cans ($5) and a paint protector that comes in a can for about ($10).

I feel it should be very possible to get a brand new Auto iA for under 15,000 prior to taxes and title fees and what not.

I want to ask all iA owners how much did you pay OTD (out the door) or if you don't know exactly how much did you pay for the vehicle prior to TTL (Title, Tags, and License) as I know each state will be different. If you could post some proof, would make it all the better but of course its not necessary. Just asking because come the end of the month I will most likely try my luck to get a good deal on a new iA.

I figured with a $3k down payment and taking advantage of their 0% financing for 60 months, might be a long shot but maybe some dealers may settle for 16k OTD or at most 16.5k OTD which I feel would be fair and also being at the end of the month might push the dealers to settle for my offer.

Thoughts, opinions? Better yet, what did you pay?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I financed 16k @ 0.9% last October. This was after trade in, taxes, window tint ($299), edge guard ($99), and the 9 available accessories (I had the mudguards put on later, they really do help the look of the car).

·
Registered
330 Posts
14,595 OTD it should be very easy to get it under 14500 or less.

15255 - 750 (rebate and 0% apr) = 14505. depending how well you can negotiated maybe 14k + taxes and fees.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
It might even be worth buying one of these used since right away you save yourself from having to pay for that massive deprecation, it WAS someone else's problem at that point ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
It might even be worth buying one of these used since right away you save yourself from having to pay for that massive deprecation, it WAS someone else's problem at that point ;)
After buying a brand new car, this is definitely what I'll be doing from now on. There's guaranteed going to be a few for sale with 1x,xxx kms on it which is pretty much brand new, you may even be able to find one with less than that and the price will be totally worth it

·
Registered
330 Posts
After buying a brand new car, this is definitely what I'll be doing from now on. There's guaranteed going to be a few for sale with 1x,xxx kms on it which is pretty much brand new, you may even be able to find one with less than that and the price will be totally worth it
it's kind of hard to find iA though :\. If i was a like a popular car then hells yaaaaa Civic here i come TURBO!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I purchased a 6 speed on June 4 in Catonsville MD. With 6% sales tax and registration I was OTD at $15,014. $0 down and 0% for 60 months

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hello,

I purchased a 6 speed on June 4 in Catonsville MD. With 6% sales tax and registration I was OTD at $15,014. $0 down and 0% for 60 months
I like the 0$ down =)! I should had done that but I had to get some rid of some gift cards LOL.

FYI mine was 15.8k OTD back in may with sales + registration.

·
Registered
6 Posts
where i'm from, OTD means total price with taxes, registration and fees. i paid 19k total including a 4year/125k extended warranty in Dallas TX.

·
Registered
11 Posts
16K OTD
14.7K TTL
Manual
w/ gap
I did exactly what you're planning on doing: 3k down w/ 0% for 60m or $218/month
Depreciation is gonna suck first year but I plan on having her for a little while to get from A to B more efficiently than my other gas guzzler?

·
Registered
330 Posts
16K OTD
14.7K TTL
Manual
w/ gap
I did exactly what you're planning on doing: 3k down w/ 0% for 60m or $218/month
Depreciation is gonna suck first year but I plan on having her for a little while to get from A to B more efficiently than my other gas guzzler?
Nice gap

·
Registered
1 Posts
Manual tran (aka three pedal version), tinted windows included

14,300 OTD in California on June 15
12,955 after rebate, before TTL

I found an advertised price with cars.com then used that to start negotiating in LA. Several dealers said they would match/beat any price and then bowed out of competition.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A Good Price

I might be a little too late for a helpful response but I paid $14,000 flat before ttl at 0% APR. To be fair we bought two at the same time.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts